Monday, February 14, 2011

be mine


It's Valentines day! Hope you all have had, and are continuing to have a fabulous day. I've heard many people saying they 'hate' Valentines day. I just dont get this at all. I mean, love isnt just for romanticly involved couples... its also for sisters, best friends, sons and fathers, brothers, mothers and daughters, hell... it could even be love between you and that fur-ball of a dog you own. It doesnt have to be a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife. It's just a special day, where we get to do special things with people we love. No matter who they are - as long as we love them.

My Valentines day has been lovely.... and here are a few pictures to prove it!
We started off our day with mini pancakes and strawberries.. yum!


I left my darling hubby a special love note in his lunch box.


The heart hanging from our bedroom door handle isnt actually something I put up especially for Valentines day - it hangs there all year round, but I've decided to show it to you anyways because... well... it's a heart and it goes with today.


After lunch I got into the mood for baking. I made these delicious choc-caramel muffins. I was lucky enough to find cute patty-cases with hearts all over them at the back of my cupboard - perfect for Valentines day muffins.



After Scott came home from work, we went for a walk around the block, and took outfit photos (i'll post them separatley). When we got back home, we checked the mail..... and to our surprise, we had both sent each other Valentines Day cards.






To end the day, Scott cooked me a delicious spag-bol. He decorated the tabel with tea light candels in the shape of a heart and gave me a little gift of an owl necklace and an origami rose.





Happy Valentines Day to all my lovely bloggers out there!

19 comments:

  1. I love the note you left in your husband's lunch box, so cute. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the perfect day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgggg your valentines looks so perfect and romantic!!!

    i think it is so freaking cute that you bake in a pretty dress!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you've had such a perfect Valentines Day :) Everything is so beautiful and I adore the presents he got you!

    And I have to ask - where did you get that gorgeous cake stand? It's fabulous!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing day! And those cupcake liners are adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww your day sounds perfect, those muffins look delish! What a lovely day
    Scrapbook de la Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a amazing day you are both so sweet to each other

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a amazing day you are both so sweet to each other

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! you are so sweet. your husband is very lucky to have you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful special day! Gorgeous post awww love love love :) xo

    http://time-is-fleeting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww sooo sweet!! happy valentines day!
    xoxo

    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your breakfast looks sooo yummy!
    and those cupcakes!
    Omg, I looove cupcakes! yummm!
    looks like you had such a sweet vday ;)
    stop by sometime, xx natalie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Valentine <3
    wow , the choclate looks delicious , yummy :p

    thank you for leaving a lovely comment at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely day, lovely photos! Those mini-pancakes look delicious (as do the cupcakes...I think I need to go eat breakfast. For the second time today). I like your opinion on Valentine's Day. My mom and I ALWAYS did something special for this day. It doesn't just have to be romantic love, does it? And that's what makes it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a lovely day!!
    And so romantic! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you lucky thing! sounds like an awesome day

    ReplyDelete
  17. This day sounds perfect! I totally agree, the big V day is for love and appreciation of all kinds, to say you 'hate' it is so bitter and ignorant. I understand the hate of the consumerist side of the occasion but your special day has proved you don't need to lavishly spend to show each other you care. And snap! I baked too :) jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable! I love the romantic table you guys set up!

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete

Add this feature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...