Friday, July 5, 2013

june flowers


This last week, I've been trying to get through (or at least start) as many items on my 27 before 28 list as I can. Number twenty-six on my list was to buy fresh flowers for the home once a month. For the month of June, I picked up this bright orange bunch of flowers from a local florist. I was hoping to find a nicer bouquet at a farmers market, but I just didn't get the chance. The bunch I picked up cost $15, which I think is rather reasonable, however they didn't last long. After I brought them home and unwrapped them, I discovered the ends of the stems were all soft and falling apart.... not quite sure what happened there. Despite their lack of life, they added a nice splash of colour to our home. 



7 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Thanks so much for your comment.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having flowers in the house, I meant to get some from the markets this weekend but didnt get there unfortunately. So sorry to hear about Mary, hope you are doing ok! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Megan... Im doing ok... much better than yesterday. Its just sad that she's not around anymore.... but she was almost 20, so she had a good long life. xx

      Delete
  3. They are gorgeous, I have a few bunches of flowers around my house at the moment too that were given to me as get well presents. They really do just brighten up the house that much more.

    Wardrobe Quarry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Love

    Thanks for the link for the 30 health things for young women - its definitely making me think of what I can do before I hit the big 30! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,
    nice post.. would you like to follow each other.!!!
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love having flowers in our house, I really don't know why I don't do it more often. You've inspired me! This week/end I will buy flowers! :D

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Add this feature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...